Thursday, January 24, 2008

Carra's 500th

15 Jan 2008 Liverpool 5-0 Luton - FA Cup

BBC - Steven Gerrard's hat-trick sank Luton and lifted the spirits of embattled Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez - Ryan Babel's powerful finish broke the deadlock in first-half injury time, with Gerrard heading home from close range after 51 minutes. Sami Hyypia turned in Gerrard's corner six minutes later before the captain slid in his second from 14 yards.

THE HAT-TRICK

Gerrard: "The manager called me over and said he was about to take me off. I pleaded with him to give me five minutes more because I wanted to get my hat-trick. I'm made up he let me because it's always nice to get three goals."

CARRA'S NIGHT

"It was definitely Carra's night. Nothing anyone was going to do was going to take it away from him and rightly so because to play 500 games for Liverpool is a fantastic achievement. It was an absolute pleasure to hand the armband over to him and he deserves all the accolades that are coming his way. He's worked so hard from day one to establish himself in the first team and he really deserves to have reached 500. The sacrifices he makes off the pitch and the effort he puts into every game and training session means he deserves all the accolades he gets. Even now, if he never played another game again, he is a legend. He's won the treble, FA Cups and a Champions League. He's sweated blood and guts for this club."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorney said...

I love that top pic! Quite an achievement too!

08 October, 2011 03:30  
Anonymous omaha house cleaning said...

this is a great post - thanks for sharing.

25 October, 2011 02:46  
Anonymous seattle house cleaning said...

Go Reds! Go!

25 October, 2011 03:00  
Anonymous portland house cleaning said...

I love the Reds!

25 October, 2011 03:10  
Anonymous minneapolis house cleaning said...

I really enjoy watching European football - especially the Reds!

25 October, 2011 03:31  
Anonymous milwaukee house cleaning said...

Great action pic!

25 October, 2011 03:44  
Anonymous tulsa divorce lawyers said...

it sounds like Gerrard stepped up big.

26 October, 2011 18:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home