Sunday, March 18, 2007

Boring 90 Minutes

18 Mar 2007 Aston Villa 0-0 Liverpool - EPL

BBC - Aston Villa and Liverpool fought out a dull deadlock in a defence-dominated encounter at Villa Park. Villa, though, were left feeling sore at referee Lee Mason's refusal to give a penalty when Stilian Petrov had his heel clipped in the box.
In a game of few chances, Liverpool substitute Robbie Fowler saw a header saved by Thomas Sorensen late on.


Erm...poor game wasn't it. Pennant and Fowler should have came on earlier. And starting Mascherano and Sissoko in the centre of midfield was a strange one. Players looked a little bit lazy. Would it be better if we still in the FA Cup that kept us busy and concentrated? Like Rafa said, the only positive was one point. Both Bolton and Arsenal lost this week which seem to make one point 'acceptable'. No way, I say, Liverpool have to keep wining! The performance today turned out to be worrying. I'd rather to see us creating chances. Arsenal next. Well..I didn't get the ticket of that game. The online system kept busy when it started to work and within hours it was sold out. Not a chance for me. Anyway, before that, Euro 2008 qualifiers will take place. Good luck to two scousers Stevie and Jamie in England shirts and other international players!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tim Robinson said...

A very worrying trend Amy.

The last few games, hardly a shot on target.

Not hardly suprising mind you, with Rafa intent on playing two defensive midfielders and our play maker left out to dry on the right !

Now that Macherano is playing, what hope has Steve got of ever playing in the middle?

It's driving me crazy! I wasted an hour and a half of my life last night watching that garbage!

19 March, 2007 01:23  
Blogger Louis said...

It seems that the 2 long week break didn't help the team at all. Poor performance and to be frank, I was wonder whether they are playing football ?

Arsenal lost and we didn't capitalise on their slips. VERY disappointing..

Cheers.

19 March, 2007 06:55  
Blogger loveuamy said...

i was watching Sky sports, and what one of the commentators said was pretty much summed up everything for Liverpool.

After some passes around Villa's box, looking like it could be the chance! The commentator raised his voice with little excitement......and then, the ball just went back to Villa's player. and he went: "...And again, it's all about......nothing."

yeah, NOTHING! It's all about nothing!! they played and ran for nothing!

19 March, 2007 11:12  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi.



My name is Jaime and I m from Valencia, Spain. Maybe you know me as Jaimeg for my picks in fcbet.



http://www.fcbet.com/tipster.php?id=81



I start my blog last week and I m interested to change links with you, if you like my site and if you are agree ofc. This is my blog:



http://jaimegarci15.blogabet.com



Thanks.

19 March, 2007 11:20  
Blogger Tim Robinson said...

Louis` ... don't agree with the extended layoff excuse.

These guys are professional and should be ready to play when the fixture says so!

If they had a 4 day break, the press would make reference to a short break being the reason for the lack lustre performance.

I don't buy it and neither should u.

19 March, 2007 13:21  
Blogger Louis said...

To tlr..

Yeah, I agree with you. It's not an excuse for such a disappointing performance. As you said, as long as we don't produce results, the press has many many things to write about us, be it a long or short break.

Cheers.

19 March, 2007 14:58  
Blogger yeeks said...

Hey amy,

Haven't been here for a long time and I agree it was an extremely boring match. Can't remember either keeper having a lot to do.

Well if you've been reading the Liverpool website recently, you would have heard about a Liverpool reserve player name Adam Hammill who went to Scotland on loan. He's playing for Dunfermline and there's this user 'Juicymac' who has a lot of videos of him and he looks impressive!

20 March, 2007 18:54  
Blogger loveuamy said...

thanks for the comments Tim and louis made. not an excuse no matter how many days break they have. and i would say Rafa also had a poor game this time. hopefully we back on track soon.

hi yeekiat, i will check Adam Hammill out some time. i've been quite busy with my dissertation. hope you're doing ok.

20 March, 2007 23:57  
Blogger yeeks said...

Hey ... no worries. Good luck with the dissertation. I saw your survey and did it. Couldn't help much however as I only answered three questions.

21 March, 2007 16:11  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorney said...

I hate draws! They'e so boring.

08 October, 2011 13:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home