Friday, March 02, 2007

This Is Anfield - Tour

This Tuesday I took a trip to Liverpool again, and on Wednesday we joined the Museum & Stadium tours at Anfield. First of all, the dressing room is smaller than people thought, and the tour guide explained to us that it's Bill Shankly wanted it to be basic. And the order of the shirts hung up is according to players' positions, so that they can communicate better with the lads playing alongside them before the game. Fair enough. Walking out of dressing room, it came to where players being interviewed by the press. It's actually just two walls printed some logos of sponsors, not even a room. Next to it is the famous This Is Anfield sign leading the way to the pitch. Imagine that the lads lining up there, listening to the thousands of buzzing fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone, and then take a deep breath, touch the sign and go out there to have a fight! The guide said Bill Shankly worte in his book that any Liverpool players who didn't touch the sign when he went out, he wouldn't score at Anfield. This sign is not only for our players but also for our rivals. It won't be like 'Welcome To Anfield' to them, it says 'This Is Anfield'. Shame that I couldn't reach the sign or I defintely would take a picture of me touching it.

We headed to the ground and sat at where Rafa and other coach staff and subs sit watching the game. There's just a aisle between home and away teams, and not like other stadiums, we don't have roof on the seats. The guide showed us where the exexutive boxes is and that's also where injuried players would be seated - and where Harry Kewell has a season ticket. (lol This really made me laugh, I love that guide) After the stadium tour, the museum came next.

I've just watching Liverpool for less than 3 years, and before that I knew nothing about football. But I've been reading and learning those history about Liverpool football club, and Gerrard's book was very useful. The museum is also samller than I have expected, but I love the small room showing our Instanbul night clips. I sat there watching the Sky One programme 'One Night In May', though I've watched it many times before on YouTube, I still moved to tears in the end. The room was decorated with some famous banners that night, and surrounded by those you just couldn't help recalling that night and felt so proud and glad to be involved. Thought of how this made you on top of the world that day and how this made you believe, made you dream. People still talk about it, and I believe they will for years and years.

Photos of that tour were uploaded to my album as usual. Hope you enjoy it, for those who want but can't make it there. I won't take anything for granted, and I know how lucky I'm, honestly. I got too many people to thanks for. This time, big thanks to Thom who let us stay overnight at his sister's place and took us to the tour. I did enjoy the stay there!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..
Long time reader, first time commentor...
Like ur blog & i wish i could take that tour at anfield someday. Nice pictures you took there.
Keep it up & hopefuly tomorrow we'll give Man Utd some football lessons :)

02 March, 2007 21:46  
Blogger loveuamy said...

hi there, it's always nice to know someone is reading your blog. cheers mate. hope your dream comes true one day!

and yeah, let's go get the mancs tomorrow!!

02 March, 2007 22:54  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

Thanks for the tour - very nice.

08 October, 2011 13:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home