Sunday, February 11, 2007

Photo Of The Week - St.James Visit

Liverpool warm up before kick off at St.James Park. YES! I was that close to them!! For more photos, click here. A guy standed next to me shouted: 'Stevie!!!', and Stevie turned around and smiled at him for a second. OH MY GOD! I was that close so I saw his face! When I was at Old Trafford this Wed watching England vs Spain, Gerrard once came very close to kick a cornor, and I thought that was the closest I could be to him in my entire life. Just three days later, I was so lucky to be in that position to take photos and saw those players. I came to the ground really early, waiting them in such a bad weather - freezing, raining and windy. Water was all over my shoes when I took those pictures, shivering with my hands couldn't feel anything.

I was sitting with Newcastle fans because I couldn't get tickets for away fans. All the tickets are sold out within hours on general sale!! I was so proud of Liverpool fans. They started to sign from very begining of the game while Newcastle fans were still quiet at first, even when the official were introducing their players. Their fans have no passion, I thought. Before Newcastle pulled one back, Liverpool fans kept singing so loudly, and I've heard almost every Liverpool chants. From where I sat, many of Newcastle fans turned their heads to see Liverpool fans several times, as if thinking....Oh my God, how the hell many of them up there??? Every time I saw someone turned or photoed Liverpool fans, I felt so proud in my heart. Honestly.

I don't like watching away matches. Not only for the reason that I sat with Newcastle fans and I couldn't shout anything or celebrated Liverpool's goal, but also, you have to hear those sticks on your players. God, it's hard! When Carra slipped with no one or ball near him (though it's normal for such a bad condition pitch, and many other players slipped by the way), people around me were laughing so hard at Carra!! lol I know it's part of the game, but I DON'T LIKE IT!!

Newcastle fans are sly. They sing only when Liverpool fans start to sing. After their goal, they finally started to make some noises. I was so angry because every time I heard Liverpool fans started the chants, Newcastle fans tried to cover that because they got much more people in the stadium!! It's like 'Liverpool..Liverpool..Liverpool NEWCASTLE..NEWCASTLE..NEWCASTLE..NEWCASTLE...' You know, most football chants are same tunes, with different club names. Anyway, what a surprise that we didn't get any point. On the way out of St.James', listening to the happy Geordies singing, I was so disappointed and angry......and fucking freezing!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you that you got to see Liverpool but also a bit gutted you couldn't see them win

but never the less - you'll always remember the first time you saw them live

good work!

12 February, 2007 19:18  
Blogger loveuamy said...

cheers spo! my first was actually Liverpool vs Bolton on the New Year's Day. luckly it was a 3-0 win with Crouchy's over-head kick and Stevie's beautiful volley. love it and will never forget!

i'm already addicted to it to be honest. lol will try my best to watch them as much as i can during my time in England.

12 February, 2007 21:31  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

Great pic - thanks for sharing.

08 October, 2011 13:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home