Sunday, February 25, 2007

Stevie + Robbie - Perfect Match!

24 Feb 2007 Liverpool 4-0 Sheff Utd - EPL

BBC - Two first-half penalties from Robbie Fowler put Liverpool in total control. Steven Gerrard won both penalties after he was fouled first by Rob Kozluk and then by Nick Montgomery, with Fowler finishing each time with precision. After the break Sami Hyypia's low shot made it 3-0, before Gerrard added the fourth with a superb individual goal after he was set up by a Fowler pass.



Two good news - one is that Crouchy is fine, and Pepe is becoming Daddy!!! Great to hear that! I was just wondering why Deduk got strated today. Pepe - the Daddy!

Rafa: "Crouch has a broken nose and needed stitches but it's not serious, he's OK and I spoke to him after the game."
Liverpoolfc.tv - The Liverpool manager also revealed Pepe Reina wasn't involved because he had been up half of the previous night because his wife is expecting a baby.

Kuyt: "I think Robbie has shown us yet again that he's a legend. It's hard when you're not in the squad all the time, and not always playing, and yet he scored twice and also played really well. He's very important for the team, even when he's not on the pitch with us. It's unbelievable the way he finishes his penalties. He's still got a very cool head and is a very good player. I think Robbie is, like I said, just very important for the team. Even off the pitch he tries to help the younger people, like me when I first came here. That's really important."

So, here is my second time at Anfield. Well, to be really honest, I was a little bit disappointed. Apart from winning 4-0, which is great of course, the fans were actually less enthusiastic than last time I was there. They seemed lazy and quiet. When someone started a chant, I always expected people to follow, but they didn't this time, which was quite strange! Credits to Sheffield Utd's away fans, they were singing loudly throughout the game. Just once, people around me started to sing together and that was because Sheff Utd's fans were winding us up. They sat on the other side of Anfield Road stand and I don't know how and why, we got pissed off by them. So people turned to them, singing and shouting towards them. It was funny because at that point I didn't know what happen on the pitch for 1 or 2 minutes because I was so focused on what's going on between home and away fans!

On the train back, Sheffield Utd fans were still singing. They were having some laugh and you just can't help admirinig them. It was like they won the game! (But well, some of them had been drinking and maybe that's why)

After watching the replay, I have to say that I don't like the first penalty. I mean, the way Stevie earned it. It seemed like his eyes had never left the ref when he fell down, which I thought only the likes of cristiano Ronaldo would do. But on the other side, Crouchy was fouled, so it would be a penalty whatsoever. On the train back, a Sheff Utd fan sat next to me, and he was on the phone with his mate. At first I thought he's Liverpool fan because he was reading the match programme until he told his mate that the first two goals were penalties, and it's 'disgusted'. Then I made sure when he sang with other Sheff Utd fans on the train.

Thanks Drogballs to point out that it was Stevie's first goal since the New Year's Day against Bolton. Is it a coincidence that I happen to be at the Anfield both times? lol I want to tell you guys that I was lucky to get the tickets this time because it was sold out soon when it went on general sale. I got it before general sale because I'm the e-season ticket holder and I joined the ballot. It was actually just my second time trying the ballot! How lucky I was.

Next would be a big clash with Man U at home. It's impossible for me to get the tickets this time, never mention about the Champions League game against Barca. So hopefully I manage to get the Arsenal one on 31st March, and hopefully Stevie can score again in front of me! lol

1 Comments:

Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

Way to go Reds! Great victory!

08 October, 2011 13:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home