Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thank You Anfield

Hey I'm back. I just want to shout loudly that I WAS THERE!! When Crouchy did that brilliant over-head kick, when Stevie hit the great volley, and when Kuyt made it 3-0! I WAS THERE, jumped up with all the reds in Anfield, clapping, shouting, singing.... I was one of those who booed Diouf every time he touched the ball and also the keeper Jaaskelainen who kept wasting time. And of course, when Faye should have been given a second yellow, we were shouting: Send him off, send him off, send him off, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF!!!

Listen to me guys, YOU'VE GOT TO GO TO ANFIELD ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!! It was so amazing! The first thought came to me when I walked into the ground was: OH MY FUCKING GOD! I was shivering when the game was about to kick off, don't know if it's because it's freezing out there or the excitement got me. Bolo Zenden walked past me to the ground but I couldn't react quickly enough to ask for photo or autograph.

Maybe all stadiums are like this, but I have to say that I love all the chants for players and Rafa. There is always someone shouts something from somewhere, whatever it is and make people laugh or starts a chant that people follow. 'Come on lads!' 'Come on Stevie!' 'Well done Jamie!' 'Go Semi!' 'Go Crouchy!' .....It's like a routine, like a faith, like some kind of power in the ground when the crowds singing You'll Never Walk Alone. And it seems everyone knows after a goal it comes the tune of Ring of Fire! I knew it, though it was my first time there! Still now I want to hear it again so much!! Now I understand why players enjoy listening to fans singing their names. I used to think they say so because they have to, but no, no, no, not the case, it feels so good to hear those chants in Anfield.

Another thing surprised me was the class of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. Well I'm not saying I thought they're not that good before. It's just...only when you sit in the stadium you can't help being amazed. Stevie was everywhere attacking and Carra was so solid at the back. (Now, seriously I believe Stevie should play in the centre rather than right.) And Kuyt, well what can you say about him, he's always running, tracing the ball, never gets tired. Finnan was the unsung hero, like always. Gonzalez was kind of frustrating, giving the ball away too much. Pennant, highly rated for this game, wasn't he. Oh, Crouchy, outstanding goal!

I know of course there are bad days for Liverpool and I'm lucky to be in one of those games that they do really well. But it's been a perfect new year for me. I'll never forget this in my life. Thank you Anfield. I didn't take many photos not only becasue I wasn't in a good seat but I believe I'll be there again soon. Trust me, I will! That's what I told myself when I left Anfield and Liverpool! [more
photos]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMNNNNN

05 January, 2007 11:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was that Alan Hansen !!!?!?!?!
on P1010019

or a lookalike haha ..

u r a legend lol

05 January, 2007 11:29  
Blogger loveuamy said...

lol actually i'm not sure. he was outside Anfield before kick-off. i was there too early, and saw someone was taking picture with him. so i walked closer, at first i thought he's John Bishop.

a man who sells scarf and fan's stuff with a vendor, saw me and my friends were there whispering. he told that guy (Alan hansen?): there is one more! come on girls!

the funny thing is that he acted like his agent!! at first he told my friend not to take her hot dog when taking picture, but that guy (Alan Hansen?) kept saying: it's alright, it's alright!

so it's Alan Hansen?? i knew he's someone, but i couldn't think of a name!! lol

05 January, 2007 15:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAH ! That was freaking alan hansen .. i am gutted .. lol .. hhahaha lucky u

05 January, 2007 15:45  
Blogger loveuamy said...

did i tell you that i was really lucky? when i arrived at Liverpool, the day before the game, which was new year eve, it was raining and very windy and cold.

we cancelled our plan and stayed in hotel to countdown to 2007, and i prayed to God: i hope there's no rain tomorrow please and a good result for Liverpool, that's all my new year's hope.

and after taking picture with that seemly Alan Hansen, i thought: i'm fucking lucky. it's a good sign! No rain, big sun, and meet famous people. Too lucky, Liverpool must win.

and yes...they did. how perfect is that! lol

05 January, 2007 17:04  
Blogger yeeks said...

Wow. Nice write up of the whole anfield experience :D

Hope to be there someday too.

06 January, 2007 08:52  
Blogger loveuamy said...

cheers mate!

06 January, 2007 19:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, going to Anfield some day is my dream. I'm in the US, and started supporting the Phoenix Suns basketball team recently (coz footy is not on the usual channels, i'm starved for sports). Went to a couple of Suns games, and the atmosphere was great. Been a Liverpool fan all my life, and I bet the feeling of singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" with 50000 other supporters at Anfield must be amazing, i dont think these basketball games can match that!! I hope I can go to Anfield some day!

30 January, 2007 00:24  
Blogger loveuamy said...

hi there, kingslayer, good to hear a Red from the states! football isn't that popular in my own country (Taiwan) as well, so i guess i understand how you feel.

i don't watch NBA, only some local basketball league, but my father follow NBA for over 20 years! and my brother's into it as well.

i guess you're very welcome Beckham to go over there, huh?

30 January, 2007 06:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home