Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hi There

Hey how are you guys? I was back to Taiwan for two weeks for holiday and just arrived back here in Newcastle. Going home is great, meeting friends and family, and of course, food! British food is quite...boring, to be honest. What else can you expect apart from sausage rolls and fish and chips...? Plus I can't cook myself.

Anyway, I was in a small bar running by a british guy in Taipei, and with about 20, 30 or so Reds watching Liverpool vs Chelsea. When we started to sing You'll Never Walk Alone, I felt so warm! It was Taiwan, my own country! And these people are so special! We gathered because of a Liverpool message board. Some of them I've knew for some time before I left for a half of year and some of them are new friends joining us. The small place was filled up with people came for Liverpool. Of course, no Blues or other color are allowed to be in becasue the boss is a Red and this bar is known as a secret place for Liverpool fans in Taipei. We feel safe there.

Obviously I enjoyed watching the game with them, especially we beat that Chelsea. Perfect! That's the second Anfield to me! Back in Newcastle, February will be a wonderful month for me. On my schedule, I'm supposed to be in England's international friendly against Spain in Old Trafford, Newcastle vs Liverpool in St.James Park, and Liverpool vs Sheffield Utd in Anfield. I just can't wait for these! Seems that I'm addicted. lol (But that also means I have to save up money...)

4 Comments:

Blogger yeeks said...

Haha. There's a pub near my hostel and the owner is a Liverpool fan as well. But there's isn't much of an atmosphere as the pub is located in a very remote area.

31 January, 2007 09:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds fantastic - love those corners of the world where you find your football tribe gathered together

Fantastic game and followed up by another big win last night - we're marching strong that's for sure!

I'm in Africa now and the new site is all finally set up and running - hope all is cool with you.

31 January, 2007 09:58  
Blogger loveuamy said...

yeekiat, i'd love to have one in the future. i mean a bar or pub for Liverpool fans ONLY. lol thought it would be fun!

hey spo! good to hear from you!! new life there huh? good luck with everything!

when the reds go marching in, i wanna be in that number, when the reds go marching in..GO MARCHING IN, GO MARCHING IN....!!

31 January, 2007 17:27  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

That does sound fantastic - glad to have you back.

08 October, 2011 13:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home