Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bad News

A few days ago my friends were joking, asking me if I would go suicide if one day Gerrard was killed. Of course not, I said. I tried to imagine though, it made me sick and frightened just thinking about that. Sportsmen mean a lot to supporters. People may have been watchinig a player for years and stories like these are definitely devastating...

CNN - Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle and his flight instructor were killed Wednesday when the 34-year-old ballplayer's plane crashed into a high-rise apartment building in New York, city and baseball team officials said.

Yankees owner George Steinbrenner confirmed that Lidle was killed aboard his Cirrus Design SR-20 four seater. "This is a terrible and shocking tragedy that has stunned the entire Yankees organization," he said in a written statement. "I offer my deep condolences and prayers to his wife, Melanie, and son, Christopher, on their enormous loss."

BBC - Snooker star Paul Hunter has died aged 27 after a battle with cancer. The Leeds player was taken into the Kirkwood Hospice in Huddersfield last Friday and died on Monday evening. The three-time Masters champion was diagnosed with dozens of neuro endocrine tumours on the lining of his stomach in March 2005. Hunter would have been 28 on Saturday. He leaves a wife, Lindsey, and a daughter, Evie Rose, who was born on Boxing Day of last year.


I've never seen them play. I'm not a fan of baseball nor snooker. But I feel sorry. RIP. My thoughts are with their familes, friends and all their fans.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

Corey will be sorely missed.

08 October, 2011 14:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home