Thursday, September 21, 2006

OMG, How Did Xabi Do That!!??

20 Sept 2006 Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle - EPL

BBC - Kuyt ended Liverpool's five-hour goal drought when he slid in to convert Steve Finnan's cross after Alonso's exquisite pass had created the chance. And after the break, Alonso produced another moment of brilliance when he shot from inside his own half to leave the slipping Steve Harper groping air. Luis Garcia had earlier hit the post as Liverpool dominated poor opposition.

Rafa: "It was good for me and the supporters to see the team playing well, creating chances and scoring goals. It was good to keep a clean sheet and if we keep clean sheets and continue to play good offensive football then we will win a lot of games. I thought we deserved to win by more goals but to win 2-0 as well as a very good performance was a good night for us. It was funny because before Xabi decided to shoot for goal I was ready to shout at him because Gerrard had made a good run down the right side. Xabi has got great vision and it was a great goal. It didn't surprise me because he practices that in training a lot."

[Just watch this - can you believe that!]



Xabi: "Yes, I think this was better. The Luton goal bounced a few times, this one went quite straight. The Luton one was left-footed - it was different - but I am quite happy to score the goal"
"At the beginning I was looking for the pass but the ref was in the way of me getting it to Stevie (Gerrard) properly so I looked up and saw the keeper off his line and so I thought I'd have a go for it. It was vital that he slipped, maybe if he hadn't he would have saved it."
"I love to practise it with the trainers. Many times they shout at me because I throw a lot of balls away but it is something I like and I will keep trying."

4 Comments:

Blogger yeeks said...

Amazing goal! Hahaha. Twice in a year now!

21 September, 2006 18:19  
Blogger loveuamy said...

absolutely brilliant!!! more to come please Xabi!!!

23 September, 2006 00:22  
Blogger Spo said...

It was beautiful - I could watch it all day!

24 September, 2006 16:17  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

That was beautiful - great victory Reds!

08 October, 2011 16:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home