Thursday, September 28, 2006

Matter of Life and Death

Bill Shankly: 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

I'm so sick of people that showing no respects to things that matter to others. We decide what's important to us based on different values, so there's no point of judging. I'm not expecting people to understand my interest - football obviously, which almost can't be seen in my own country. But the bottom line is that you show respects. You can't judge things that you hardly understand, can you.

What I've heard recently that disappoints me badly is that people say football matches are all fake because of the bet. That came from people never really sit down for 90 minutes watching a football match. Unfortunately they're my friends, and were probably joking with me because I was watching something they're not interested on TV.

At first, you feel fine. You're thinking: they didn't mean it, they just like making fun with me. Even though you're a little sad that those fans and players who got a great passion for football were all denied by someone who don't even know how many players on the pitch in a game.

And then they moved on saying English football is boring, no skill at all, nothing like Brazil football, blah blah blah.... And that's it, you've gone too far. If you're a fan of those skillful football, that's fine, I take that it's your opinion. But if you don't even know about football, don't even watch football, then you stay away from it, shut the fuck up. Especailly when you know your friend is a big fan of English football, and she does know something about it.

My friend once told me: "Last night I saw Barcelona's game on TV, wow, it's much better then every Premiership games I've ever watched!"

Firstly, I don't believe you've watched full 90 minutes last night.
Secondly, how many Premiership have you watched? Nil.

So, just shut up, would you. And please leave me alone while I'm watching football, or at least don't fall asleep.

It DOES matter to me. Stop joking if you don't understand it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richie said...

Great comment. Some people can be just plain ignorant. Ignore them and just enjoy what you enjoy, By the sounds of it they dont deserve a friend like you anyway.

29 October, 2006 18:06  
Blogger loveuamy said...

cheers! that's really warm!

30 October, 2006 03:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home