Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm Back From London

What I love about London...

1. flirting with the guy sat next to me on the train who noticed my Liverpool keyring
2. the great Westminster Abbey
3. requesting a prayer in a small church in Greenwich University for my classmate Eric who suicided two months ago.
4. London makes me think of my hometown Taipei city which is very different from Newcastle
5. handsome young Londoners
6. better and cheaper China Town than in Newcastle
7. people kissing in public

What I don't like about London...

1. I felt regret not being bolder with that guy on the train throughout the journey. I liked him.
2. crowded and hot underground
3. impolite little black girl on the bus who wanted to sit on my seat and asked me to move over, but I rejected and she was pissed off
4. exhausting shopping
5. always people giving you free newspapers in the streets which becomes annoying because I don't like turning people down
6. the British Museum is boring to me
7. everything is expensive
8. they showed Chelsea's CL match on the big screen in a bar and Liverpool's on a samll TV, but actually not that much people were watching Chelsea. The other day they showed Man Utd on the big screen rather than Arsenal, but that made sense since Man Utd fans were all over the bar!
9. I wanted to go back to Newcastle just the second day


Well.....in short, I don't really like London. It's not like what I expected.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim Robinson said...

Really? Not a London fan?
I loved it, but it's still a fair way from New York to be honest!

btw, where do you get all your fantastic photo's and club logo's from?
The photo's are always different from what I see around the net and your logo's are always brillianly clean ...

18 September, 2006 14:58  
Blogger loveuamy said...

i would love to go to New York some time!

here's a great source of club logo:
http://forum.football.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8899
but actually i just searched, for example "Newcastle Utd" on Google Image and then choose a clean one.

match photos are more complicated..usually i spent a lot of time collecting and selecting the best one.

Yahoo.co.uk Sport
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/ph/fo_liverpool_p.html

http://www.footymad.net/
click 'photos' on the top and you'll get live football photos

or you can simply go to Yahoo.com to search 'Liverpool' on News and photos will appear on the right.

19 September, 2006 17:10  
Blogger yeeks said...

You sure are fortunate to be able to go there.

I've got to get back to work. I've got a test tomorrow T_T

19 September, 2006 17:51  
Blogger loveuamy said...

good luck with the test Yeekiat!

20 September, 2006 00:12  
Blogger Tim Robinson said...

Once you pennance is up at Toon, you must jump on a plane across the Atlantic to NYC!
The people, architecture, food, night life and attitude of the place is just amazing.

I've already ear-marked a place on West 79th for my future residence ... If only !!

20 September, 2006 05:11  
Blogger Spo said...

damn - I'm back in a few weeks and coulda shown you around

London you just have to get to know the hidden gems - everyone kind of keeps themselves to themselves and within thier own communities so come across as quite rude - it's really hectic as well and yes, very expensive

Bu there are hidden corners like over in Clapham and Kingston that are very cool little places to hang out.

And I love the cinemas there as well

Also - sorry to hear about your friend - that's really sad when someone has so much in front of them but decides not to carry on.

24 September, 2006 16:24  
Blogger loveuamy said...

i wasn't happy in London because i was staying at friend's (my flat-mate in Newcastle) brother's home, and sharing a room (and a bed) with someone i didn't know before.

my flat-mate didn't tell me it would be like this before the trip, and that's why i wanted to go back just the second day. i didn't sleep well there and 6 days was just too much.

well, maybe i'll feel better next time with different people and definitely different accommodation. lol i believe i've missed lots about London.

and thank you Spo, you're the best!

25 September, 2006 00:56  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

Welcome back - we're glad to have you back.

08 October, 2011 16:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home