Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'll Bring You Down

In a few weeks, I'm going to face the biggest challenge of my life. It could be a sweet dream-come-true, but it could also be the begining of nightmare.

"It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There is no point in going through all this crap, if your are not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what... when you least expect something great might come along. Something better then you even planned for."
[quoted from 'Along Came Polly']

I know myself is a little stressful lately. I was mean to my families, who was just trying to help or understand me. But this guy, Jim Noir, and his music relax me. With his 'My Patch' video, I would like to tell you that, to today, 11 July 2006, it's been a year since I started this blog. I appreciate people who keep visiting here. I've learned a lot from posting, and I hope you enjoy reading as well.

The idea of the title 'Just An Ordinary Guy' came from my favorite film, 'American Beauty'. Of course I'm not a 'guy'.

Lester Burnham: "Then I guess I'll have to throw in a sexual harassment charge."
Brad Dupree: "Against who? "
Lester Burnham: "Against YOU. Can you prove that you didn't offer to save my job if I let you blow me? "
Brad Dupree: "Man, you are one twisted fuck."
Lester Burnham:
"Nope, I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

6 Comments:

Blogger Spo said...

You need anything in the Uk - you let me know

I like reading your site and love that you love liverpool so much - would be great to hear of your impressions of Uk - might seem lonely at first - but you always got blogging to get in touch with those closet to you

15 July, 2006 16:36  
Blogger loveuamy said...

thank you spo, you are the best!!! blogging makes the world smaller and eases my fear to leave for another country where i'm even not yet familiar with the language.

i'll bring that love for Liverpool to Newcastle, and be as brave as i can! cheers!

16 July, 2006 06:15  
Blogger yeeks said...

Take care over there!

I left my home in Malaysia for Singapore when I was fifteen. Have been staying out alone for five years now. Its okay after a while. Sucks at first.

We, like footballers, need time to adapt haha

16 July, 2006 19:09  
Blogger loveuamy said...

thank you yeekiat. i always think you're amazing. great job on football.co.uk! keep it up!

17 July, 2006 18:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

06 March, 2007 10:47  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

...nothing to lose.

08 October, 2011 17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home