Monday, July 03, 2006

Disgusting Cristiano Ronaldo

Gerrard: "If it was one of my team-mates, I'd be absolutely disgusted in him because there's no need for that. I've seen Ronaldo going over giving the card and I think he's bang out of order. I think that sums him up as a person. If I was playing against my team-mates from Liverpool and they were involved in a situation like that, I'd never try and get them sent off."
......................*update* 4 July 2006....................


Rooney: "I want to say absolutely categorically that I did not intentionally put my foot down on Carvalho. I bear no ill feeling to Cristiano but am disappointed he chose to get involved."

"I remember the incident clearly and have seen it several times since on TV. I am of the same opinion now as I was at the time that what happened didn't warrant a red card. If anything, I feel we should have had a free-kick for the fouls committed on me during the same incident.

"If you ask any player - and indeed almost any fan - they will tell you that I am straight and honest in the way I play. From what I've seen in the World Cup, most players would have gone to ground at the slightest contact but my only thought then was to keep possession for England."

"I thought the England lads were awesome after I went off and the effort they put in was amazing. Truly if there was any justice England would now be preparing for a World Cup semi-final. Sadly, however, that is not to be in 2006."

Ronaldo: "At the end we texted each other and between us everything's been cleared. He wished me the best of luck in the World Cup. He told me we had a great team and that if we continued to play like this, we would go far. He wasn't angry with me and, moreover, he told me to completely ignore what the English press has said, that all they wanted was to create confusion, but we are already used to that."

I personally agree that Rooney is a honest and straight player (well, most of the time), though he plays for Man Utd which I never like. As for Ronaldo, he's really skillful, but what I can't stand about him is that he always looks for the referee. Everytime he goes to the ground, he acts dramatically and tries to get the attention of the referee. In premierleague, actually people are used to Ronaldo. People know about his tricks, and that's why we don't trust him.
As Rooney said he's disappointed that Ronaldo chose to get involved, I think I was surprised as well. When there's a painful team-mate on the ground, the first thing was to argue to the referee, even to against a Man Utd team-mate and also a 'good friend', according to him? I couldn't believe that, if you watched the video, the first player to take a look at Carvalho was Joe Cole. (Seems that Chelsea players are more close. lol) Whatever Ronaldo said to the referee, whether he tried to get Rooney sent off, it totally doesn't matter. It's Rooney's fault to get himself into that situation in the first place. Personally I just think Ronaldo's behavior was disgusting.

7 Comments:

Blogger loveuamy said...

of course, being a footballer, Ronald has done nothing wrong on the pitch. it's legal whatsoever. but like Gerrard said, it sums him up as a person.

Rooney was still stupid getting that red card. i won't deny it. i'm not a fan that blame everything but our owen player.

03 July, 2006 09:25  
Blogger Craig said...

As long as Rooney remained upfront alone he was always going to get frustrated. Crouch should've started this game alongside him, the 4-5-1 wasn't that good aganst Ecuador, since Crouch didn't start he should've been on at half time. Rooney lost it, and so did England.

Personally I'd of dropped Beckham for Lennon, because Lennon would cause Valente more problems and stretch the defense, but Sven had no bollocks, and now we've got another manager who probably won't change much - let's hope he proves me wrong.

03 July, 2006 12:42  
Blogger loveuamy said...

"What would have Gerrard done had the victim been an English team-mate?"

i think he's already answered that:

"If I was playing against my team-mates from Liverpool and they were involved in a situation like that, I'd never try and get them sent off."

there are some players in Liverpool also from other countries, for example Alonso from Spain. if Alonso did it to..say, Lampard. Gerrard won't try to get Alonso sent off! i think that's what he meant.

so i guess the point here is that Rooney and Ronald are team-mates back in Man Utd.

03 July, 2006 12:47  
Blogger loveuamy said...

yeah craig, i couldn't believe he use 4-5-1 again! i would go for 4-4-2 with Crouch starts as well...and probably drop Lampard. Hargreaves was outstanding as holding role, and that can allow Gerrard go forward.

anyways, it's over for this year! hope the new manager and new captain can bring something different.

03 July, 2006 12:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think it won't be too different.

But there will be changes definitely.

England should still be proud that it remained 0-0 with ten men. And I agree what Rooney did was foolish. I thought he was gonna get a free kick at first since two Portuguese players were holding him back. But how things change with a rash action ...

03 July, 2006 19:18  
Blogger Tim Robinson said...

One can only imagine what the first half physical training session will be like at Old Trafford.

I still don't know why some EPL thug hasn't gone through Ronaldo during one of his 1,000,000 step-overs. Robbie Savage anyone ??

England's lack of any genuine class up front (Rooney excepted, but injured mind you) hurt them in the end ... very much the same as my native Australia. Solid through defence and midfield, but lacked cutting edge in the box.

All Things Red

04 July, 2006 08:11  
Blogger loveuamy said...

hi Tim, i was totally gutted and stunned when Australia lost...

04 July, 2006 14:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home