Thursday, June 15, 2006

Liverpool Lads Rule!!

15 June 2006 England 2-0 Trinidad & Tobago - World Cup Group B

BBC - Crouch, who had missed several chances, met Beckham's right-wing cross to power a header past Shaka Hislop. Gerrard wrapped it up in stoppage time with a stunning left-foot drive after England made hard work of the contest. Rooney came on, but it was fellow subs Lennon and Downing who helped turn the game England's way.

Owen: "It's been difficult for everyone. We're just not firing on all cylinders and in my position I'm reliant on the team doing better. If I get chances I'll score goals. But if the team aren't playing well and I'm not getting chances I'll probably be the quietest man on the pitch."
"One thing I'm not going to do is change my game. I'm in the team to be in the box. If there's a ball in the box and I'm not on the end of it then you can blame me. If I'm not on the end of crosses then you can point the finger at me. But I'm not going to change. If it means bringing me off, that's the manager's decision."

Eriksson: "We did shake hands. Of course he's not happy. He wants to play 90 minutes but if you're asking whether he showed a bad education because of that then, no, that's not Michael."

Alan Shearer: "I was surprised that Sven-Goran Eriksson took Michael Owen off again because when you are looking for a goal and looking to win, I would have left him on."
"Keeping Crouch on was a decision that was justified, but I would start Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney against Sweden."

4 Comments:

Blogger Richie said...

Expected nothing less, Great goals.
Nice one lads

16 June, 2006 12:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Great goals indeed!

Especially Gerrard's cracker!

18 June, 2006 10:29  
Blogger loveuamy said...

before Crouch's goal i was getting impatient and angry actually. England played really bad throughout the game. but it was a good idea to bring Lennon on.

sit back Lampard! let Stevie go forward!

how about Owen? i agree with Shearer that start Owen and Rooney against Sweden.

18 June, 2006 15:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and Gerrard's scored again!

Owen is injured now ...

21 June, 2006 03:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home