Sunday, April 30, 2006

Absolutely Brilliant From Stevie!

29 Apr 2006 Liverpool 3-1 Aston Villa - EPL

Liverpoolfc.tv - Liverpool have won their 10th consecutive game and are level on points with 2nd placed Manchester United after a goal from Fernando Morientes and two from Steven Gerrard gave them a 3-1 victory over Aston Villa at Anfield.

BBC - The visitors were behind after just four minutes when Morientes placed a shot past Thomas Sorensen. But Villa gave Liverpool a huge shock on 58 minutes when Aaron Hughes' cross reached Gareth Barry, who touched in. Barry's equaliser was the spark for Gerrard's masterclass, the Liverpool captain scoring at the near post and then crashing a shot past Sorensen.

Rafa: "Gerrard made the difference today for us and always you need players with his quality for winning. I would like to say thank you to the supporters as they were behind us all game and I am happy to win for them in our final home game of the season."

30 Apr 2006
Stevie: "I've been quite successful and things are going well, but I want more trophies and winners' medals and I believe I will achieve that with Liverpool. It was a big decision to stay at Liverpool, but I made that decision on the basis that I felt we had the right manager in charge in Rafa Benitez and I haven't regretted that for a moment. I believe in him and have full confidence in him. I know I can achieve my ambitions at Liverpool. There's only one thing missing from my collection and that's The Premiership. That's the one I badly want and I know the fans do too but that doesn't mean I don't want others. I'm very greedy for trophies."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah it was a great goal :D

Hope we can at least challenge for the title next season.

01 May, 2006 15:25  
Blogger loveuamy said...

Stevie is the man!!!!

awwwww....can't stand watching Chelsea celebrating their title.

03 May, 2006 04:50  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Attorneys said...

Gerrard is the man.

08 October, 2011 18:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home