Monday, March 20, 2006

Oh, I'm Sorry Professor

A professor from our partner university in Newcastle visited Taiwan. He came here for giving a presentation about his university and trying to get students to join the exchange program. After the presentation, I came to him and asked a few questions, mainly about the price for the dormitory, etc. To be honest, so far I love what I've heard about the university and Newcastle. The most important thing is.....

Me: "So, is it far to get to the football pitch?"
(I don't know how he knew I was talking about St.James.)
Professor: "Actually you can see its roof from the campus!"
Me: "REALLY??"
Professor: (surprised) "Are you Newcastle fan??"
Me: "Oh no, I'm Liverpool fan."
Professor: "grrr....."
(That's exactly the same reaction I have when an English told me he liked Chelsea the other day in a party.)

Me: "Hahaha..."
Professor: "We lost to you....was it 3-1?"
Me: "Yeah, yesterday!"
Professor: "grrrrr......."
Me: "...I'm sorry..lol"
(No, I'm absolutely not...haha.)

19 Mar 2006 Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool - EPL

BBC - Crouch played a part in Liverpool's two first-half goals, scoring with a downward header and then setting up Gerrard, who drilled home. Newcastle pulled a goal back before the break through Shola Ameobi's header, but Jean-Alain Boumsong's 51st-minute red-card ended their fightback. Boumsong was sent off after giving away a penalty for a foul on Crouch, with Cisse converting the spot-kick.

And here's the one who needs to be sorry...

Cisse: "I didn't intend to be rude. I was just really happy to score a goal after such a long time because scoring goals is what I love doing. I want to make it clear I respect the Newcastle supporters and if they thought I was being disrespectful to them, then I obviously apologise for that."

Don't do something like Gary Neville please, okay?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ankit said...

Congrats for this win !!!
Now which is ur team in UEFA????

21 March, 2006 14:29  
Blogger Val said...

I liked the exchange btw the professor & you....!! So damn funny & I bet he would remember this conversation he had with you for a loooooooong time....!!

Hahaha !!

21 March, 2006 16:22  
Blogger Tim Robinson said...

Another great win by the boys this Morning Amy. 7-0 is hard to believe.

Cisse needs to pull his head in at times and his gestures to the Gallowgate End were lucky not to be deemed to be inciteful I believe.

Nice to see Carra acting like the true leader he is by going up to Cisse and telling him exactly that.

22 March, 2006 12:34  
Blogger loveuamy said...

ankit, hmmmm, probably Barce.

tim, yeah glad i got up 3:30 AM to watch it!!

22 March, 2006 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home