Thursday, December 08, 2005

Fuck Off Essien

6 Dec 2005 Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool - CL MatchDay 6

The best chance came in 30th minute when Gerrard put Riise through while his drive was blocked by the legs of Petr Cech, and Robben also wasted a good second-half opportunity for Chelsea as he volleyed Drogba's chest down into the side-netting.
Chelsea got the majority of the possession but failed to find a way to trouble a well drilled Liverpool backline.
Essien was lucky to get away with a straight red card in the 23rd minute for an appalling high challenge on Liverpool's Hamann.
Despite the goalless draw, Liverpool got the position as group winners and means they'll go into next week's draw for the first knockout round as one of eight seeded teams.

Mourinho: "I didn't see Michael's tackle so I cannot give my version." "I was telling the Liverpool bench that they were crying all the game. They needed to sit down a little bit and relax. With me referees are always very strong and quick to put me in my place. But other managers can do what they want. For example if Jose Mourinho had done what Stuart Pearce did against Blackburn, it would have been a three-month ban for me."
"They defend very well, everybody behind the ball, they press they close spaces. They defended a lot and we were not able to break the wall. In matches against Liverpool, when you get chances you have to score."
"Our disappointment is not at finishing second in the group, it is at not winning the game because I want to win every match."

Hamann: "It was the worst tackle I've ever been on the receiving end of, and he didn't even apologise afterwards." "I really feared I had broken my leg."
"The referee didn't see it and you have to get on with it. When things like that happen, what you must not do is allow yourself to be distracted, we were playing well and controlling the game and getting the result to win the group was crucial."

Benitez: "I could see the tackle, it was in front of the bench and I could also see the leg of Didi Hamann. You can see on the video that it is clear." "I think that he (Mourinho) talks a lot. He said the things he needed to say but I prefer not to talk about it. I don't want to talk about things that are so clear."
"We deserved to finish top because we have more points than the other teams. We done a good job, kept another clean-sheet and created some chances on the counter-attack."

6 Comments:

Blogger Spo said...

Amy that is the greatest blog post title I have ever read.

It sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly!

08 December, 2005 20:12  
Blogger loveuamy said...

haha, glad to hear that.

he's just an asshole, as well as Mourinho... can't believe the shit he was talking afterwards...

09 December, 2005 12:42  
Anonymous Divorce Attorneys Oklahoma City said...

I wish you'd express your self more - tell us how you really feel (sarcasm) :)

08 October, 2011 20:55  
Anonymous oklahoma city house cleaning said...

Hell yes! Tell him where to shove it!

10 October, 2011 00:18  
Anonymous fort worth cleaning service said...

I'm loving it! :)

10 October, 2011 15:35  
Anonymous tulsa divorce attorneys said...

that's some harsh language, but I cannot disagree with you! :)

19 October, 2011 02:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home