Monday, December 05, 2005

'Crouch Drought Over As Reds Go 2nd'

3 Dec 2005 Liverpool 3-0 Wigan - EPL

BBC - Crouch thought he had opened the scoring but his deflected shot, which was helped in by Mike Pollitt, was later credited to the Wigan keeper. But there were no doubts about the giant hitman's next effort, when he superbly lifted the ball over the advancing Pollitt to double the lead. Luis Garcia chested in from Fernando Morientes' header to seal the victory.

The win extended the Reds winning run in the Premiership to an impressive six games, saw them keep yet another clean sheet and moved them up into second place in the table.

Crouch: "I had a big slice of luck with the first one obviously. It was on target but went a bit higher than I planned. If it goes to the dubious goals committee I'll be telling them that it's definitely mine.

I am a buoyant person by nature but if I'm honest this goal drought as been getting me down at times. I've been getting a bit of stick lately but it's great to get the goals today and hopefully I can go on from here and score more."

5 Dec 2005 Liverpool.tv - Crouch Dedicates His Goals To The Fans

"The team-mates, manager and fans have been top class. It is much easier when the people who matter believe in you. But I also believe in myself and I believe I can go on a little run now. (While teeing up the first goal) I thought Carra and the rest of the lads were willing me to score. The manager has never had any problems. He has always said just keep doing what you are doing."

"I am lucky because there are an awful lot of people who have believed in me. When I have gone through a barren spell they have buoyed me up and I am sure that over the next few days people will be texting me and phoning me and I need to thank those people for keeping me going."

8 Comments:

Blogger Spo said...

do you think he'll score every game from now on?! like a pressure valve has been released?! I'm happy for him as he's obviously a good lad and the world was getting on his back in a big way

but then again a striker who never scores isn't much use to anyone!

really glad its over!

we're looking so strong right now - 8 games nothing let in - reckon we got a great chance vs chelsea tomorrow - fingers and everything else crossed!

05 December, 2005 20:54  
Blogger loveuamy said...

well, i'm not sure. but i agree that he's a good player for Pool. hopefully he can start to score week in week out.

now i'm worrying about Cisse actually.....

06 December, 2005 12:25  
Blogger Spo said...

cisse is a goner in Jan

07 December, 2005 23:44  
Blogger loveuamy said...

yup..probably..he has some problems with his attitude..

damn..should have sold him and got Owen at the time...

08 December, 2005 12:13  
Anonymous Divorce Attorneys Oklahoma City said...

Way to go Reds!

08 October, 2011 20:57  
Anonymous oklahoma city house cleaning said...

that's a big win for Liverpool.

10 October, 2011 00:19  
Anonymous fort worth cleaning service said...

big win! big win! the Liverpool fans can be proud of their team.

10 October, 2011 15:36  
Anonymous tulsa divorce attorneys said...

It sounds like Pollitt was in the right place at the right time :)

19 October, 2011 02:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home