Tuesday, November 08, 2005

First Away Win

5 Nov 2005 Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool - EPL

BBC - Gerrard calmly slotted home a penalty on 85 minutes after substitute Peter Crouch was fouled by Liam Ridgewell. Four minutes later, Xabi Alonso cracked in a shot that Villa keeper Thomas Sorensen probably should have kept out.

Crouch: "I was gutted I couldn't get that first goal on Saturday because I had the chances. I was delighted Xabi finished off the second, but I must admit I wanted it to be me celebrating a goal. I'm glad I played a part in the win, but obviously I'd have loved to have scored when I had the chance."

By the way, good to see Man Utd beat Chelsea this round. Now there's just 6 points between the first and second place on the table. It's time someone to make threats to the leading Chelsea, and stop the 'unbeaten' saying. But well......Wigan?? That would be weird! Though it's already weird enough about their place at the moment....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Divorce Attorneys Oklahoma City said...

Hell yes! Go Reds!

08 October, 2011 21:07  
Anonymous oklahoma city house cleaning said...

That's a big win for Liverpool.

10 October, 2011 00:09  
Anonymous fort worth cleaning service said...

that's good win - always good to net that first away win early.

10 October, 2011 15:27  
Anonymous tulsa divorce attorney said...

It sounds like Gerrard stepped up big and did so in a calm fashion.

30 October, 2011 23:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home