Monday, October 17, 2005

Cisse's Blackburn Revenge

15 Oct 2005 Liverpool 1-0 Blackburn - EPL

BBC - Djibril Cisse put months of frustration behind him to guide Liverpool to victory over 10-man Blackburn.

Rafa(on Cisse): "We shook hands, we are both professionals. He worked hard, scored the goal and got us the win. And for him, after he broke his leg at Blackburn last season, this was a better outcome."

Liverpoolfc.tv - Cisse: "There is really no problem between me and the coach or me and the club. When I ran to the manager it was just a small message to people, just to show that there is no problem between me and the boss. We have a normal relationship. He showed faith in playing me today and I hope I have repaid him.

When you see the fans and how they support me, you cannot find supporters like that anywhere in the world. I don't know why people would say I want to leave. I just want to work in peace.

The best way is to scoring goals. I am happy but the most important thing is points for the team. We cannot stay in 10th or 12th place. We need to climb up the table."

8 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

i used to support blackburn

18 October, 2005 16:41  
Blogger loveuamy said...

erm....they're sometimes rude on the pitch. Some Liverpool players have got serious injuries from them.

18 October, 2005 17:05  
Blogger Spo said...

Cisse could/should of scored more - if he keeps scoring one out of ten I guess its ok - but if he plays like that and doesn't Rafa will get someone in when Jan comes.

They call Blackburn "Blackeye Rovers" these days...

19 October, 2005 04:35  
Blogger Ankit said...

A well deserved and needed win....all liverpool fans must start feeling better

19 October, 2005 05:38  
Blogger loveuamy said...

"Blackeye Rovers" lol

20 October, 2005 15:29  
Anonymous oklahoma city house cleaning said...

revenge can be very very sweet :)

09 October, 2011 23:57  
Anonymous fort worth house cleaning said...

not sure what to make of this one.

10 October, 2011 15:16  
Anonymous tulsa divorce lawyers said...

it sounds like Cisse stepped up big.

28 October, 2011 02:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home