Monday, October 03, 2005

Chins Up

2 Oct 2005 Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea

RAFA: HOW DID WE LOSE 4-1?

Well, I have to admit it that they were better. We made some mistakes, and they knew how to grab the chance and score. They're really good at this. We can't make any mistake when meeting such a team. I feel so sad about the result, but the gap is definitely not 4-1. It was not an easy win for them. We played well and just lost one match. Forget about freaky 4-1. It means nothing. We fans still keep the faith in our players, the manager and the club. Stay humble as we win, and keep our chins up as we lose. We're proud of Liverpool FC.
Anfield's crowd are the best. I was moved when they sang 'You'll Never Walk Alone' loudly at the end of the match. Really. I know it was a heartbreak for all the Reds. Please, don't joke to your Reds friends right now, as they're not in a mood.

Gerrard: "I'm the captain of the club and it's my job to drive the lads on. I don't think there's a massive gap between the teams and I don't think the gap is 4-1." "We played really well and the scoreline does not give a true reflection of the game."

Rafa:"I'm not interested in Chelsea or in what they are doing. I am only interested in my team and trying to make sure we improve." "OK, we're 17 points behind but at this stage it doesn't matter if it's 14, 15, 16 or 17. I am only looking forward to the next game and not talking or thinking about anything else."

8 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Support from the fans is unbelievable.

04 October, 2005 01:48  
Blogger loveuamy said...

yeah, and i'm really proud of being one of Pool's supporters.

though not for too long yet.

04 October, 2005 15:19  
Blogger Spo said...

I kind of feel responsible as I missed the match - you know superstitious - if I had watched it maybe the score would of been different!

06 October, 2005 10:49  
Blogger loveuamy said...

then don't miss any of the match EVER! lol

06 October, 2005 13:30  
Anonymous oklahoma city house cleaning said...

hard to keep the chins up after a big loss like that though.

10 October, 2011 00:01  
Anonymous fort worth house cleaners said...

that's a big loss.

10 October, 2011 15:20  
Anonymous tulsa divorce attorneys said...

Glad to see Gerrard step up as the captain and take the lead.

28 October, 2011 13:28  
Anonymous Oklahoma City Divorce Lawyers said...

Gerrard is right, he is the captain and it is his role to keep the other players motivated.

28 October, 2011 13:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home