Thursday, September 08, 2005

What The Hell...

7 Sep, 2005 Northern Ireland 1-0 England - World Cup Qualifying

BBC - Northern Ireland put a dent in England's World Cup hopes as David Healy's goal gave them a stunning win.

Okay. I'm trying to calm down. But I'm really pissed off about the manager's tactic last night. Rooney played as left winger?? At begining I just thought, alright, maybe he could do that. But, obviously he couldn't and he was frustrated during the match. He got a yellow card and almost lost his temper in the first half. On the 54th minute, Eriksson sent on Joe Cole for Wright-Phillips. I thought, great, now finally we could go back to 4-4-2 with Beckham on the right, Joe Cole on the left and both Rooney and Owen up fornt! But, I was really really really shocked that Joe Cole was playing on the right afterward, and Rooney was still on the left!? What the hell was he thinking?

BBC - Defiant Eriksson vows to fight on - "I'm not going to resign. I'm going to try to make it right. In October, win two games and we qualify."
I don't think he should resign or get sacked NOW. It's risky to change manager at this time. England must win the next two home matches to be qualified. We can't afford gambling or rush decisions, and there is no enough time for players to adapt a new manager. Of course, he can't just walk away and leave this mess to someone else. He needs to take the responsibility. I say if England can't be qualified, then he resigns. I do feel angry about the whole thing, but not now I think. Someone just got to tell him, forget about 4-5-1 and go back to 4-4-2. You can experiment that in a friendly, but never in a qualier.

2 Comments:

Anonymous oklahoma city house cleaning said...

that's a real disappointment.

09 October, 2011 23:49  
Anonymous fort worth house cleaning said...

big time bummer :(

10 October, 2011 15:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home