Sunday, September 25, 2005

Garcia & Cisse Scored!

24 Sep, 2005 Birmingham 2-2 Liverpool

Liverpoolfc.tv - The Reds broke the deadlock at St Andrews on 67 minutes when Luis Garcia netted but the hosts hit back with two quick goals and it needed a Djibril Cisse penalty seven minutes from time to rescue a point.

Gerrard said: "Taking the lead was the hard part and to concede after that was a mistake, it's not good enough." "We're happy to still be unbeaten and we feel as if we've improved a lot, but we need to start taking three points instead of one."

I think Gerrard is right. I'm glad we finally scored, but we should have took that 3 points. It's a shame. We'll do better next time, I'm sure. At least we're improving in away matches.

25 Sep, 2005
Rafa said: "Steve is not just one more player, he is the key player for this club."
"I thought we played really well in both games against Chelsea in the Champions League. But I don't talk aloud about other teams and their managers. I prefer to talk about my team.
If one week you say 'I'm the best, you can lose the next game and then what happens? People remind you about what you said.
I don't know if I'm different to Mourinho but I need to do my job and give confidence to my players."

Cisse said: "I love this club and I want to be at Liverpool for a very long time." "England has not seen the best of me. I really want to show people what I can do."
"I love to play. But the boss can't put 20 players on the pitch so someone has to be on the bench and at the moment it's me. I accept it. I'm not frustrated."
"When you score at Anfield it's hard to explain, but it's like 'Wooah! Wow! nothing else in life. I'm not going to say scoring's like making love, but it's almost the same."

Hey, sometimes I just love Cisse's words, and also Rafa's. Read more on Liverpoolfc.tv.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aiven said...

Pool was on the edge to lose but played very well in the closing minutes. Will be Pool alive after the Champions League clash with Chelsea too? I am not sure - Chelsea seems to be some kind of terminator this year, a club from another planet.

26 September, 2005 05:38  
Blogger Spo said...

Great that Cisse gets off the mark - I still don't have confidence in crouch and cannot understand choosing Pongolle over cisse.

First half we had 65% of possession and did nothing with it - doesn't look good for the league this year at all - not happy with these tactics of one man up front knocking balls on for no one to pick up as no one is there.

Cisse could be as good as Henry once he has a few seasons and gets his first team goals firing weekly.

26 September, 2005 05:41  
Blogger loveuamy said...

buko, i can only see money on them. lol

spo, yeah, let's go back to 4-4-2, and don't put Cisse on the right anymore.

26 September, 2005 12:00  
Blogger Spo said...

Benetiz makes a good point that we've played teams we lost to last year and this year have taken points - bir/boro/utd


http://football365.com/news/story_164304.shtml

30 September, 2005 10:53  
Blogger loveuamy said...

great one, thanks! i love his words...

i finally posted about the match against Chelsea. didn't have too much time around this week.

30 September, 2005 15:02  
Anonymous Divorce Attorneys Oklahoma City said...

I hate draws - even ones as exciting as this one.

09 October, 2011 02:27  
Anonymous Oklahoma City House Cleaning said...

Sounds like an exciting match even though it ended in a draw.

09 October, 2011 23:41  
Anonymous fort worth house cleaners said...

That sounds like a lot of fun to watch.

10 October, 2011 14:52  
Anonymous tulsa divorce attorneys said...

Because it was a draw, the team is still unbeaten.

16 October, 2011 22:08  
Anonymous oklahoma city divorce lawyers said...

It sounds like Garcia really stepped up in a big way.

24 October, 2011 02:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home