Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Never Say Never

This is what Zidane said in April this year:

"You know very well that when I have made a decision, the decision has been made. I'll stick to my decision. I can assure you France will qualify."
"I heard on television that it was possible I would come back. It's not right, I think it's a pity because it calls everything into question and contradicts what I said."
"I don't want to think I'm the saviour of the team and I don't want people to think I'm the saviour of the team. Such behaviour would be pure conceit and I never behave like that."


Apparently he stressed his retirement strongly. But, look at what he said today after 4 months:

"France have given me so much that I want to help them."
"For the first time in my life I am changing my mind on something very important."
"I had thought about it carefully before taking my initial decision. I did so again this time. This is very emotional."
"I was on holiday and I realised that I did not have that much time left in football and I wanted to make the most of it."


Wow! Quite shocking, isn't it? By the way, Makelele, who announced his international retirement in September last year, is going back too. All I want to say is... Look at what you've done, Gerrard!! It seems that U-turn has became a trend! Haha, unbelievable!! Well, again, you never say never. It's hard to say whether it's a good decision or not. Like French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes just said: "It's a brave decision because he is taking risks with his image."

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire this player.
He is not fast,but you can see he dribbling and passing opponents.
He is not quite good at heading,but he scored twice by his head in W.C. final V.S. Brazil 1998.
He uses his brain to play each game.He sends balls well to the strikers to finish every goal.
He is genius and he is also modest.
He is loyal to his wife.(I thought that as a football player it's hard!)

03 August, 2005 23:28  
Blogger loveuamy said...

Right, he's a really good player. But I think the situation is a little embarrassing now. I'm just making a joke on him. You never say never especially as public people.

04 August, 2005 09:06  
Anonymous Oklahoma City House Cleaning said...

I like the poster - very original.

09 October, 2011 23:07  
Anonymous fort worth house cleaners said...

that IS a good looking poster

10 October, 2011 14:46  
Anonymous oklahoma city divorce lawyers said...

I like the player data.

10 October, 2011 22:21  
Anonymous Milwaukee House cleaning said...

I like the blue jerseys.

24 October, 2011 21:54  
Anonymous minneapolis house cleaning said...

this dude looks kind of mean :)

24 October, 2011 22:18  
Anonymous portland house cleaning said...

I like the haircut :)

24 October, 2011 22:18  
Anonymous seattle house cleaning said...

the diagram of the field is a nice touch :)

24 October, 2011 22:23  
Anonymous omaha house cleaning said...

this is very analytical - I kind of like it.

24 October, 2011 22:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home