Thursday, August 11, 2005

Inspirational Captain

10 Aug, 2005 CSKA Sofia 1-3 Liverpool

Gerrard set up for Cissé to put Liverpool ahead on 25th minute, and did the same with a free-kick for Morientes's header just after 5 minutes. Before the half time, CSKA scored as Liverpool got some problems with their defense. Finally on 58th minute Morientes seized the opportunity from, again our captain's pass, leading Liverpool to the victory in the first leg of Champions League third round qualifier.

Gerrard set up for all three goals and said: "I wasn't able to score tonight but I'm happy with three assists. It's my job to make goals and to score goals and so I'm pleased."

"Morientes has ability, there's no doubt about that and I am sure this season will be his season. His two goals tonight will give him a lot of confidence. His all round game was much better and I know there's even more to come from him."

Did anyone else noticed that? I was worried about him because I saw it, but I thought it was another place...you know..the last one a man would like to be hurt. Gerrard said: "When we were celebrating he(Morientes) nearly pulled my back out of place, but everything is fine. We feel sharp and ready for Saturday against Middlesbrough."

Hyypia added: "It was a good win but we are not 100 per cent happy that we conceded a goal. That shouldn't happen."
Yes, I think so, it was obviously a mistake.

It's sad that racial abuse happened again. I just want to tell those fans: How old are you? TWELVE?? Cissé said: "I'm a strong enough person to deal with this and I don't let it affect me. I'm just sad we have to talk about these issues rather than the football."

12 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

i watched that match in the pub. well, i tried to but i had somebody talking to me persistently.

12 August, 2005 08:39  
Blogger loveuamy said...

Anybody was drunk that night?

12 August, 2005 10:40  
Blogger dan said...

not me, i don't drink much alcohol

12 August, 2005 14:00  
Blogger loveuamy said...

that's good. me either. i'm afraid of the feeling if i can't control my mind and body. just horrible..who knows what i'll do when i get drunk...

12 August, 2005 18:13  
Anonymous Oklahoma City House Cleaning said...

Gerrard is the man!

09 October, 2011 23:03  
Anonymous Fort Worth House Cleaning said...

That's a big win for the team.

10 October, 2011 14:41  
Anonymous oklahoma city divorce lawyers said...

Another big win for the Reds!

10 October, 2011 22:17  
Anonymous Milwaukee House cleaning said...

Gerrard knows how to inspire.

24 October, 2011 21:51  
Anonymous minneapolis house cleaning said...

At a boy Cisse!

24 October, 2011 23:05  
Anonymous portland house cleaning said...

Cisse came up big.

24 October, 2011 23:05  
Anonymous seattle house cleaning said...

Cisse stepped up to the plate.

24 October, 2011 23:06  
Anonymous omaha house cleaning said...

Gerrard is a team player.

24 October, 2011 23:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home