Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Final Cut

Wow, it's been a long time since the last time I watched a DVD! I was lazy, and spent too much time on the Internet. Yeah, blogging is addictive, and 24 hours are always not enough. This afternoon I just felt: okay, time out, I want to do something different apart from the Internet, football forum, blogs, and also the book I'm reading. So, I picked up this film.

I have a habit. I don't preview a flim, and if I'm sure I'll watch this film, I don't even watch the trailer. Before watching 'The Final Cut', I just knew it's about death or something. It seems a good drama, though I'm not that into Robin Williams.

This film has a good idea which I was impressed. An implanted microchip in the brain can record all moments of a person's life. After the person died, the chip can be took out, and there is someone like Robin Williams as a 'cutter' who edit those images into a short video highlighting the person's life. Of course that is for their families or friends to memorize him. The point is...what should be on the video? Delet all his sin and make his life look perfect? There are also people in the film against this technology. They argue that it's the power of God to see others' memories.

Well, I will feel disgusted if I know I have an implanted microchip. I don't want anyone to look through my whole life like watching a film. It's all about privacy. And it's no need for people to memorize me through another person's eyes. They remember what they want to remember.

Though the film has a good idea like this showing the controversial technology, I think they show it in a bad way. They don't really explore it, and the plots are displayed loosely. That's a pity indeed, but I think this film is still worth watching because it will make you think about something.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Oklahoma City House Cleaning said...

I've never seen this movie - thanks for sharing the info about it though.

09 October, 2011 22:59  
Anonymous Fort Worth House Cleaning said...

Thanks for the info.

10 October, 2011 14:37  
Anonymous oklahoma city divorce lawyers said...

it'll be worth watching.

10 October, 2011 22:13  
Anonymous Milwaukee House cleaning said...

never heard of it.

24 October, 2011 21:47  
Anonymous minneapolis house cleaning said...

don't know about this one.

24 October, 2011 23:27  
Anonymous portland house cleaning said...

it might be good.

24 October, 2011 23:27  
Anonymous seattle house cleaning said...

it might be horrible.

24 October, 2011 23:28  
Anonymous omaha house cleaning said...

I'm undecided.

24 October, 2011 23:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home