Saturday, August 27, 2005

Another Europe Trophy

26 Aug, 2005 Liverpool 3-1 CSKA Moscow

BBC - Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse came off the bench to inspire his side to victory over CSKA Moscow in the Uefa Super Cup in Monaco.

Daniel Carvalho of CSKA played well last night and scored on 28th minute, giving CSKA the lead, and brought a lot of pressure to our defense. (Especially on the right back where Josemi was.) The first half was okay. We controlled the ball and created many chances, though Garcia missed most of these. The second half was awful. We seemd to lose confidence and inspiration while CSKA became more aggressive. And I still don't understand why Rafa replaced Finnan rather than Josemi.

Cisse came from the bench on 79th minute and rescued Liverpool. He scored with just some minutes left, giving us the chance to go into the extra time. Well, the goal was kind of lucky I think, and even his second in the extra time. Both were not perfect shots for him actually. And the last one, Garcia's header set up by Cisse's cross, was really easy. I guess CSKA's defenders were too tired.

Look elsewhere...I think Hamann was as important as Cisse to inspire Liverpool. And Reina made a good save in the extra time. We can't say Liverpool played well to get the trophy because we felt frustrated most of the time. It's not perfect, but I'm still very happy about it. That's the way football is. The result is always the most important thing. A good result here for Liverpool to win the Super Cup 2005, but it's still left something we need to think about it. Good to hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" playing again last night in Europe anyway.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aiven said...

What do you think about the first goal of Pool? It changed the whole game, did you think it was...well, honest?

27 August, 2005 14:40  
Blogger loveuamy said...

As I said in the post:
"Well, the goal was kind of lucky I think, and even his second in the extra time."

It could be a handball I know, but not deliverately I think. ^^

27 August, 2005 16:36  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

hey amy i didnt get the pics somehow...

could you send it to dan.qayyum@gmail.com or tell me where u get em from, will save you the hassle

28 August, 2005 06:56  
Blogger loveuamy said...

Have sent it.
If you still can't get those..well, I don't know what to do then. Maybe my mail has some problems. >"<

Another way- Pics are in my gallery, but I'm not sure if you can get into the site. The link is on the right of my blog. The pics you want are in "Liverpool 05/06 CL".

Can't remember where I found those. I collected from different places. But I used to key in "Liverpool" on Yahoo's News search. (Not Yahoo UK, it's www.yahoo.com. They got the most pics.)

28 August, 2005 19:00  
Blogger dan said...

We still argue about the off-side rule in the pub.

29 August, 2005 02:25  
Blogger loveuamy said...

I believe that. Sometimes it could be controversial. Hey dan, I never know which team you support! Whose match you go regularly?

29 August, 2005 05:42  
Anonymous Oklahoma City House Cleaning said...

That's a big win for the Liverpool team.

09 October, 2011 22:52  
Anonymous Fort Worth House Cleaning said...

The LIverpool fans can be proud of their team.

10 October, 2011 14:31  
Anonymous oklahoma city divorce lawyers said...

Another big win for the Reds!

10 October, 2011 22:01  
Anonymous Milwaukee House cleaning said...

What is the UEFA???

24 October, 2011 21:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home