Sunday, July 17, 2005

KMT New Leader

"Taiwan's largest opposition party, which favours closer ties with China, has elected Taipei Mayor Ma Ying-jeou as its new leader. " ...Full caverage on BBC and Taipei Times.

It was a landsilde victory. I like him. He is one of few "clean" politicians in Taiwan. He always disciplines himself well, but some say it becomes his weak point in politics. Despite the lack of local force (since he is not a native), he wins a lot of votes result from his good image. I like him because he is always humble, calm, rational and well-organized, not like some politicians with emotional words. I think he is the kind of politician who will make Taiwanese feel proud on international occasions because he speaks fluent English and with wisdom. As a doctor graduated form Harvard Law School, he is well-educated but also has a sense of humor. (And there is one more thing, our mayor is a good-looking guy!! Though it's not the point, I believe that is one of his advantages to win female voters.)

Congratulation to him and also KMT! It's a great step for democracy and Political Parties because it's KMT's first leadership contest. I believe that Ma will bring KMT a revolution, though it's a tough task. Ma: "The KMT cannot afford to split." That's right. That's the only way to be competitive in 2008's presidential election.

10 Comments:

Blogger loveuamy said...

I believe that anything happened in politics must has many factors behind it. Politics is too complicated that I won't say something is worng exactly because of one person, espacially as we civilian won't know too many facts. I respect your opinion, though I don't think that way, but I won't deny the possibility after all.

oh, btw, I live in Taipei city in my whole life. I know who did something and who didn't, maybe better than you.

19 July, 2005 08:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation, mayor Ma!
++____=+

20 July, 2005 05:54  
Blogger loveuamy said...

I think my point is misunderstanded. I didn't want to express I know politics better than you. (I'll never say that) What I wanted to say was I, as a Teipei citizan, don't think mayor Ma mismanaged Taipei city.

You know what, naruwan girl, there is no end for us to talk about this if we go on. The simplest thing is: everyone got her own opionion and position. Well, now I got your point, which I respect for, and thank you for sharing your professional opinions.

I think we had better stop here. I don't want my blog become too 'political'. That's just not my purpose to have this blog.

21 July, 2005 14:01  
Blogger loveuamy said...

luyi:
Thank you for coming here. Good to see you. ^_____^

21 July, 2005 14:02  
Anonymous Oklahoma City House Cleaning said...

I hope Ma Jing-yeou is up to the challenge.

09 October, 2011 22:41  
Anonymous Fort Worth House Cleaning said...

I hope he's up to the challenge.

10 October, 2011 14:23  
Anonymous oklahoma city divorce attorneys said...

He could be a huge success.

10 October, 2011 21:52  
Anonymous milwaukee house cleaning said...

I don't guess I know who this is.

24 October, 2011 01:14  
Anonymous milwaukee house cleaning said...

I don't guess I know who this is.

24 October, 2011 01:14  
Anonymous minneapolis house cleaning said...

that sounds like a real challenge.

24 October, 2011 01:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home